Ever wondered what those cooking tips for beginners are, that help makes the process of cooking enjoyable? Everyone starts somewhere, and although there can be a lot to learn for the novice, there are some tips you can rely on that will add a little touch to the whole process. Cooking tips for beginners are
- Preparation – Half of cooking is all about preparation or ‘prep’ as it is known. Do your prep the night before for ease of mind when you are in the kitchen.
- Seasoning – Always season meat as evenly as possible and avoid clumping, this ensures even cooking.
- Sealing the spices – Keep your spices sealed and stored in a dark place; spices lose their potency in light and heat.
- Take your own time – Try boiling pasta to one minute before the recommended time on the package, this gives a true ‘alienate’ result.
- Thaw the butter before use – For baking, let the butter stand for a few hours to become soft, this helps produce a better dough.
There are endless ways to become a great home chef; these are just a couple of tips to help you cook better.